1. My leg brushed against my bike’s muffler as I was dismounting at school today, and I managed to give myself a nice, large first degree burn through my pants. 30 minutes later, it still hurts quite a bit. I hate burns.
2. For some reason, the comments on my blog have really taken off recently, and I’m not sure why. I’m glad though!
3. There’s a girl in my 1st grade class that is way above the normal level for her grade. She’s adorable and helps me translate for the class when my co-teacher disappears (as she often does). I’m debating making a blog for my more advanced students to read, something similar to my friend Rose’s student blog. For children in the most internet-connected country in the world, my students are surprisingly un-internet-savvy when it comes to non-Korean internet, so I’m not too concerned about them finding this blog. Plus, they couldn’t really read it anyway, and even if they miraculously could, I try to not say too disparaging things about my work here, so…yeah.
4. I really need to start studying my Russian/Cyrillic. I’m going to be in the country for at least two weeks, and I’d like to know something. Plus, it will be useful for my Soviet/Cossack reenacting. Right now, my Russian is mostly limited to military terms like “stop” and “soldier” and “rifle”.
Last night, while waiting at the bus terminal in Mokpo (a small-sized city in my backwater province) I was asked Read More
1. Apparently my principal thinks I ask to go home early too often. I’ve asked to leave early FOUR TIMES Read More
1. I love that today's XKCD is a reference to this. The internet is so meta sometimes. 2. In other news, Jindo now has Read More
Leave a Reply
I'd like to announce that for the first time since I left Korea, my blog has garnered 10,000 hits in Read More
In preparation for doing the redesign/realign of this blog, I have some tech questions I'd love to hear responses about Read More
Well, today is the fourth day of the federal government being closed due to Wintergeddon '10. We've now gotten 58" Read More